Software Business and Engineering Laboratory SoberIT is part of Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Aalto University School of Science. At SoberIT, we are responsible for research and education related to software engineering including business and management aspects of software development. Our mission is to improve global competitiveness of the Finnish software industry by providing world-class education and research.
We strive for research that is both practically relevant and of high academic quality. Our research projects are often carried out in close cooperation with industry, and are often multi-disciplinary and constructive in nature. Our staff consists of people with various backgrounds: engineering, business, law, and psychology.
We are hiring several summer interns for the summer 2012 for the projects of our research groups. For more information see the groups and project topics below.
Preago (Product requirements and architecture research group) Requirements and software architectures, the complexities related to the transfer of relevant design information. Development of software or software intensive products and service products, especially in cases where variability is of importance.
- EIT Towards Mobile Clouds project. Research and develop tools for assessing device service elasticity.
- Cloud Software Program. We focus on device cloud i.e. how content delivery and sharing takes place in device to device cloud and how devices from different users in each others’ proximity can start to collaborate automatically providing users value-adding, distributed and orchestrated behaviour.
- EfeSus (Effective Sewer Condition Management Using Online Sensor Information). The objective of our research is to develop information system support for decision making in sewer renovation by implementing algorithms developed by other partners.
- SAREMAN (Safety requirements specification and management in nuclear power plants). The project develops good practice for requirements engineering in the nuclear energy domain. The focus is on safety but also other kinds of requirements related e.g. plant availability are concerned.
SPRG (Software Process Research Group) Software process and process improvement, SW product development, as well as development in company networks. Multi-disciplinary projects, combining project and process management with legal and human aspects.
ISSEG (Information Systems and Service Engineering Group) Enterprise information systems and service science: enterprise architecture, service-oriented architecture, IT Service Management and B2B integration.
From the summer trainees we expect successful studies and an interest in research work. Successful summer interns may have a possibility to continue working in the group either as a full or part time teaching or research assistant, for example working on a master’s thesis.
In addition to the basic information requested, please provide also details for (the additional attachments can be used for these if needed):
- Describe which research project or topics you would be interested in and what are you interested in doing.
- The status of your studies in addition to study records described in a clear manner, for example: what modules you have selected, what is or you plan to be included in each of the modules, and how much is done and what is left to do in each module. Indicate also missing credit points of the course you have completed and courses you are currently taking.
- Something you have written. This could be your Bachelor thesis, a seminar report or such related to your studies or something different that describes you as a writer and thinker.
- Possibly a brief description of some relevant software you have developed, e.g., in one paragraph including size of the software and team, your role and responsibility, programming language, development tools used, operating systems, database, frameworks etc.
Applications should be filed before 15.2.2012 in the web portal: https://eage.aalto.fi/?ff/job
For more information, please, contact the professors of the appropriate research group.