Position for Master’s Thesis Worker
Your task is to investigate the use of a quality measurement and monitoring system in industrial software development organizations
U-QASAR is a software tool developed to support monitoring and measuring software quality. The goal of your Master’s Thesis would be to study the use of the tool in industrial software de-velopment domain. It would be your responsibility to use empirical methods for creating under-standing on the applicability of the U-QASAR tool, including its pros and cons, in the real context of use. The experienced software engineering researchers would supervise and support your work. We are included to an international EU-funded research project, which aims at developing methods and software tool support for the elicitation and management of quality related infor-mation in software development projects. The main objective of the research project is to in-crease the transparency and efficiency of quality assurance by utilizing the information of differ-ent reporting systems (e.g. Jira, Sonar, Testlink, etc.). Our partners include software companies and researchers all around the Europe including Germany, Spain, Greece, and Norway.
We expect the Master’s Thesis Worker to have
- Strong interests on software engineering methods
- Solid understanding on the software engineering divisions
- Motivation to do research work
- Excellent literal and verbal communication skills, especially in English
- Active and initiative working attitude including abilities to work independently
- Good collaboration skills with the ability to work as a part of research group and close-cooperation with the partner companies
- Possibility to truly focus on doing the Master’s Thesis
- High quality supervision for your Master’s Thesis in the 6 months term
- International experience
- Flexible working hours and independent tasks
You could start the work 1. March 2015
Fixed term length for six months
Salary: According to the salary policy of the Department of Computer Science
Additional information from Juha Itkonen, email@example.com and Timo Lehtinen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send your informal application including your CV and the transcript of studies to email@example.com, and we will contact you soon.